Get Ready for Mainnet Eth2 Staking with Blox Staking
To ensure that Blox is ready for mainnet staking, we added the following improvements:
- Passphrase Recovery – The ability to use your seed to recover your Blox account on an existing or new device.
- KeyVault V2 for improved signing.
- Fixed attestation and proposal effectiveness.
- Minimal slashing protection – an efficient way to recover critical slashing protection data necessary when recovering from passphrase.
- Improved encryption – KeyVault communication with Blox Live is now HTTPS based.
This release will likely be the last version (release candidate) before we progress to full mainnet staking. 🎉 🎉 🎉
We decided to execute this breaking change while Blox is still only supporting testnet staking, and hence it will not affect real ETH staking rewards. We do not plan similar versions following the mainnet launch.
Please upgrade ASAP when prompted in Blox Live, and keep in touch on our Discord channel should you require any assistance!